Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap

Do you knit, or crochet, or do both? Both.

How long have you been knitting\crocheting? My Grama taught me both at 8 and I have crocheted all this time, I revisited knitting last September with Rena and got helplessly hooked! So the crochet has been happening 42 years, the knitting - not so many!

Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before? Yes, I always have a dishcloth to work on during mindless times of my day. I never leave home without some kind of knitting/reading in case I get stuck somewhere unexpectedly. I really dislike non-productive time - unless it's planned and includes wine.

What are your favorite cotton yarns? Sugar and Cream, varigated, clean (as opposed to muted), fun colors

Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not? I've been looking more at alternative fibers these days - banana fiber, hemp, bamboo, especially bamboo

Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with? No

What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic) I use all types depending what project I'm working on. Generally KnitPicks are my fav. My dishcloth needles are bamboo- Crystal Palace #7 and I collect vintage needles that I display in vases in the living room.

What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting? Anything! lol, no, seriously...socks are my favorite, so many different things you can do with them in a relatively short amount of time and their portable.

Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting? Reading, Quilting, Gardening, Cooking and Wine Tasting - guess I should say Wine drinking

What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts? Who doesn't like good quality chocolate? Add nuts and you have the perfect treat! I'm also a sucker for those coconut neopolitan candies. My favorite, by my own hand would be scones...I love me some maple/fig scones...

What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any? Bathroom is maize/black and the kitchen is celery, black, red w/stainless.

What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike? Favorite color this year is any shade of green, it's the new black, you know...and pink...don't care for neon colors but outside of that anything goes. I'm at the saturation point for orange/yellow/brown right now.

Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages? Yes, strong, dark roast coffee and sweet spicy tea and did I mention - wine?

Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)? Son, Daughter, 2 step-daughters, 2 grand-children, 2 dogs, 5 grand-dogs...only the 2 dogs live at my house though. We're blissfully happy empty-nesters!

Do you have any allergies? No

Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.
1) My name, Aleta, came from Prince Valiant comic strip in the newspaper. It was my grandfather's favorite. When I was born in '56 Aleta was a Princess but now she is the Queen!
2) I am thankful every day for an opportunity to accomplish something productive
3) All the cans in my cupboard have the labels facing out, my towels have to be folded exactly the right way and I always arrange the groceries as I put them in my cart at the supermarket!

4 comments:

Channon said...

What a great name! I loved that comic strip growing up, but our po-dunk paper no longer carries Prince Valiant. Welcome to the Dog Days of Summer!

Cass said...

OMG you're OCD! LOL!
You'd break out in hives if you saw my pantry shelves. :)

Sharon said...

You should go visit where my sister lives they have these great $5 wine tastings every week that are AMAZING!!!

I love alternative fibers too especially bamboo lately

Nichole said...

"I really dislike non-productive time - unless it's planned and includes wine" -- I second that! Esp the WINE part. :)

You're right - we do seem a lot alike! ;-)