Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Questionaire

Dated to stay at top of blog for the reading convenience of my mystery swapper! LOL

For more recent posts please scroll down. Thank you

Questions & Answers aka TMI...

1. Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been doing it? Learned crochet/knitting/sewing from my dear departed Grama at age 8. Kept up with the crochet but let the knitting go until about a year ago when my daughter wanted to learn to knit and needed a buddy, which would be where I come in, so we took the class together and I've been insanely knitting and spending more time with Rena since then. Not that we needed an excuse, knitting just gives us one more, *giggle*

2. Have you made dischloths before? Do you use them yourself, give them as gifts, or both?
Yes, I've made many dishcloths. They are my go-to knitting when I'm bored or at wits end with whatever else I'm knitting. I have one going at all times. There's a pile of them in my kitchen drawer for daily use and I've given away more than a few.

3. What's your favorite cotton to make cloths from? What cotton would you like to try that you haven't before ? Sugar & Cream is the local available dishcloth cotton. I received a ball of Peaches & Cream in a swap that I really like and will be seeking that out on the internet when I am in need of additional dishcloth yarn.

4. If you knit, do you prefer circular or straight needles? For all, do you prefer wooden, metal, or plastic needles? My favorite needles are Knit Picks circs. I have size 7,8,9 tips and 2 sizes of cables. I also have size 2 fixed cable Knit Picks and size 1 Addi's for sock work. We won't count the collection of straights (in every size know to man) in two large glass vases on my tv cabinet

5. What are your favorite colors? Any colors you don't like much? Haven't found a color of dishcloth yarn I didn't like.

6. What do you like best about Autumn? The cooler temps, the beautiful leaves, the ability to knit and wear sweaters and nice warm socks. Salmon fishing season. Craft fairs & Quilt shows. And happy birthday to me on Sept 13 (yes, Nichole, I stole this idea from your blog, lol)

7. Pies: Pumpkin? Apple? Pecan? All of em? or No Thanks! My Mom's Spie (yes that's actually the variety) apple pie would be my all time favorite.

8. When you were a kid, were you the one who couldn't wait to get started with school , or the one who overslept on the 1st day? I definitely looked forward to getting started. Although I hated the clothes my mother made me wear, hee, I had/have a school supply/office supply, fetish. lol

9. Do you celebrate Halloween? (The real key here guys is especially knowing if you have an aversion to the holiday or little goodies/decorations associated with it, given the timeframe of the swap) Bring on the pumpkins and goblins! I love halloween. I stand at the front door (with the screen removed) and hand out candies to the kiddies and shed a few tears thinking about how cute they are and how grown my own children are now. Their little for such a short time...oh, sorry, I'm getting off the subject aren't I? Oh well, it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to...

10. If you had to choose just 3 edible 'goodies' to eat for a full year, what 3 would you choose?
Scones, chocolate (the darker the better), Honey Crisp apples

11. Do you have any pets? Kids? Husbands who seem like kids? ;)
1 husband who still takes great joy in childhood activities - mostly teasing the children & dogs, 2 grown children, Jared 29, Rena 27 and two dogs, Max and Sam, both black and tan mutts-even our pets are integrated! LOL

12. If you were to describe a particular yarn that shares traits of your personality, what would it be and why? Cotton - casual, but can be dressed up with accessories, dependable, consistent and strong.

13. Do you use your cloths mostly for dishcloths, or as facecloths? Dishcloths

14. Favorite Fall Holiday: Halloween or Thanksgiving and why? (Feel free to share another fall memory if you do not celebrate either of these holidays) Thanksgiving - We gather both families (mine and The Saint's) together for the feast. The two of us have a combined family of 7 children (4 of which we see on a regular basis) 2 grand-children, 4 spouses/partners, 2 dogs and 6 grand-dogs. We celebrate the diversity of our heritage and lifestyles with a huge multi-cultural meal followed by wacky card games and alcoholic beverages. The Saint cooks the chitterlings in the garage, which is not attached to the house, lol, and fries the turkey in the driveway. Then it's a big hodge-podge of spaghetti, mashed potatoes, greens, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce/relish, cornbread dressing, pumpkin pie, green bean casserole (are you hungry yet) and other misc items too numerous to mention. Every Thanksgiving is my favorite (except for the year we ran away and were in Mobile, AL with The Saint's newly-found extended family and it was 76 degrees) as our family evolves and grows into a more interesting unit every year. It'll be 9 Thanksgivings this year, time has flown and we've all grown a lot since that first year in many ways.

15. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should know about? Allergic to long-hair cats, tobacco and molds. If you have a cat just let me know so I don't take a deep breath before I put the dishcloth in the washer, lol! I love cats but my lungs don't. :)

4 comments:

Cass said...

LOL at your pets being integrated. snort.
:)

Gnat said...

I'm excited about the "Fall into Autumn" Dishcloth Swap!! Just wanted to say Hi...and hope everyone has fun!!

CharCharBinx said...

Aleta - nice to meet you! Love your post on color choices - great blog ~ Char

Anonymous said...

Honeycrisp apples are my favorite as well! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Your secret pal