Tuesday, September 18, 2007

FIADE-Topic #2 and BSJ WIP

This is the Topic #2 part...
When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use?
KnitPicks circs. Prior to this day I have used the metal Options but yesterday I got these...
KnitPicks Options Harmony - aren't they pret-ty? Go check out Poppy Sassypant's review, it's a hoot!

What size needle or hook? US 7
Wood? what type? Clover bamboo
Metal? Plastic? I've never used plastic, metal is ok but I really like my circs
A specific Brand? as previously stated - KnitPicks
Why do you love that needle or hook so much? smooth, pointy and circs are easy to transport and you can work well in a small space if necessary
Is there one you are dying to try? No
Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for cloths? Only brand readily available here in GR is Sugar N Cream although I did get a ball of Peaches n Cream from a very generous swap partner and I'm looking forward to trying it out.
What is so special about it? It's readily available but I'm not sure that makes it special.

And now for the work in progress part...

I am speeding along on the BSJ, can you believe how cute it is? People keep asking me if I'm making it for someone special...the answer is NO! There are no little people on the near horizon. Or the far horizon for that matter. lol And that's ok. But, anyway, how do you like my little sweater?





9 comments:

Rena said...

Love your little sweater. So cute, and yep no little people on the horizon from this household. It is cute though. I will look great no matter what the purpose. I am so envious of your new needles they are so nice!!! I just can't believe how fast you are whipping up the BSJ you are a speed knitter.

Nichole said...

SO cute... I have several "little" projects lined up with no one in mind either - they are just FUN to make!

Amy said...

Oooo...my Harmony needles are enroute, and I can't wait for them to arrive!

clarabelle said...

With 4 small grandkids, I've been on 'small knits' overload for a quite a while now! To be honest, it's nice to knit something different (ie for me) for a change!

Your BSJ looks brilliant, though, especially in the self-striping yarn.

Grace Yaskovic said...

my needles came yesterday, I love them Your sweater is adorable, Ally!

wildflower38 said...

I ordered a US7 circ today to try them out. I'm loving your BSJ! I think I'm going to give it a try. Did you buy the Knitting Workshop book or get the BSJ dvd?

Christie said...

That sweater is just too cute! I knit a baby sweater and kept it around...evenutally I gave it to a co-worker who was having a baby. It was nice to not feel pressured to knit something up, but to just have it on hand to give away.

And thanks for the Poppy shout out! :)

KimT said...

gorgeous sweater! gorgeous needles!

Purl said...

I really want those new needles!