Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall Into Autumn Topic of the Week

Now that in some geographic locations the weather is starting to turn cooler, do you change the type of yarn(s) you knit/crochet with? If so, what do you now knit/crochet with instead and why? If not, why do you not switch and what do you knit/crochet with?

I do like to use lighter weight yarns, especially cottons, in the warmer months. I try not to use my a/c at home any more than absolutely necessary so much of the summer we are breaking a bit of a sweat around here. lol

I like to work on things like market bags and more whimsical items in the summer but now that it is cooling off a bit I have begun swatching for a Zimmermann Surprise Jacket made with Cascade 220 in several different colors. You can check out my September 1st post for the colors I have chosen.

I'm also toying with the idea of a new felted bag for winter. This one is pretty cool it's called Jasperuvia and is offered as a free pattern from Berroco.com. I even like the colors as shown on the model.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, I like that bag.

Anonymous said...

That is a cute bag.

Your secret pal