Friday, September 14, 2007

Thankyouverymuch!

You're the best! I appreciate all of your Birthday wishes so much.

Clarabelle will get a surprise from the postman if she'll send me an email at allybelser at comcast dot net with her mailing address. She wished me a Happy 51st Birthday and that is how many I was yesterday. Yay!

There were presents and knitting.


Last weekend The Saint and I picked out this super cool new knitting chair for my favorite spot by the window. It's big enough for me and Winston, the grand-dog, to fit in comfortably. Allowances have to be made for the little animals too.

Notice the handy-dandy drawer for stuff! The theory being that all the stuff will be in the drawer instead of surrounding the chair...not sure it's ever gonna work out like that, nice try though Honey! lol


I was able to get some knitting in while The Saint checked out the fishing situation on the river. The sun was shining and the temperature was about 70 and I got to sit in the truck in the park near the Sixth St dam and knit for more than an hour in the peace and quiet, aaahhh.

Here's what I accomplished...It's the beginning of a child size Baby Surprise Jacket designed by Elizabeth Zimmermann. I'm working it in Moda Dea Sassy Stripes in the Stormy colorway. I got a 10 pack of this yarn super cheap on eBay eons ago and this seems like the perfect project for it. And probably about 3 more sweaters, lol. It's practice before I start the Adult Surprise Jacket for myself.

Yes, I'm actually following the instructions from the Adult Surprise Jacket that say "we recommend that you knit a baby version first to give you a rudimentary idea of what you are doing". Since I have invested a nice sum of cash in the yarn for the adult version I don't want to be wearing it out trying to learn the concept of this design.

Sometimes others know best. This is a hard concept for me to accept in most situations. LOL

I got cards, and a gift card from Rena to use at KnitPicks! I'm going shopping as soon as I'm done posting this today. he-he-he
She also presented me with a copy of Mason-Dixon Knitting which I have been coveting at my LYS. What a happy book it is. And, a ball of self-striping Sugar & Cream in a very pretty pink. She spoils me!

Jared returned from his trip to St Louis in time for my birthday! The Saint, Jared, Rena and I headed over to Bombay Cuisine where we enjoyed a fabo dinner and a nice bottle of Little Penguin Pinot Noir. Loved it!

It was a marvelous day. I am blessed.

Have a great day everybody!

6 comments:

clarabelle said...

So glad you had a good day, you youngster! And thanks for awarding me a surprise!

The BSJ looks lovely in that shade, and I will be watching the emergence of the adult-size version with interest!

JessaLu said...

So glad you had a good birthday! :o)

Nichole said...

OMG - what an awesome chair! I need one!

Grace Yaskovic said...

sounds like a great birthday, my head was truly in a fog yesterday to come up with 46, i don't know about me sometimes, glad it was happy

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Your secret pal

Val said...

Yee Haa, I am so glad you had a happy birthday. You are so special you deserve it.
Love You, Rena